Time for some breakfast!
A Fall season should have pumpkin pie right?
Let's make it in breakfast form!
This granola recipe is handy and fool-proof again. Never fail and you may want to alternate with maple syrup instead of honey for more fall flavor. I used more ground cinnamon for the additional spices to kick up the nutrition fact.
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Jules at The Kiwi Diaries.
This post is also linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Eileen from Eileen's Diary at this post.
Make 3 cups
2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp pumpkin puree
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup crushed favourite nuts, such as walnuts
How to make pumpkin granola:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, maple syrup, pumpkin, oil, spice and salt.
- Lay evenly on prepared baking sheet in a thin single layer.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes, around 10-15 minutes, toss them and rotate baking sheet.
- Let the oats cool completely.
- Mix in your favorite nuts and store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
With all my love <3