S'mores!! Meaning more chocolate and marshmallow! With no campfire needed!
Instead of graham cracker. I would rather prefer a sweet and salty combination of Saltine crackers! And mine is whole wheat with sesame flavor, hmmmm!!!
This is a simple chocolate fudge recipe adapted from Bigger Bolder Baking. I alternated with saltine crackers, and I suppose this would be the best LAST MINUTE Valentine's gift!
This post is linked to the event, Cook & Celebrate: CNY organised by organised by Yen from Eat your heart out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.
This post is also linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Grace from Life can be simple at this post.
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Kim at Love Live Life by Kim.
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter
3 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups mini marshmallows
24 Saltine crackers
How to make saltine cracker s'mores fudge sandwiches:
- Prepare a 8 x 8 square pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Line saltine crackers on the bottom of the pan and fill the edges with halved crackers. Set aside.
- In a bain-marie or a heatproof bowl over simmering water, combine condensed milk, butter and chocolate chips. Stir until mixture is melted completely.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and salt. Pour half of the chocolate fudge into saltine base, sprinkle mini marshmallows and press them into the fudge.
- Pour the remaining half of the chocolate mixture and spread to even the top. Line remaining saltine crackers and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours until set.
- Slice into 16 equal pieces and let them come to room temperature when serve.
With all my love <3