Make 8 scones
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 cup muscovado sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp cold butter, cut into chunks
zest of 1 orange
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water for egg wash
raw sugar for topping, optional
How to make yogurt scones:
- Preheat oven to 220 C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- To prepare egg wash, whisk egg yolk with water, set aside.
- Stir together flour, almond meal, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt.
- Add in cold butter chunks, cut butter into flour mixture with fingertips or fork.
- Stir in orange zests, poppy seeds. Pour in plain yogurt and mix until a dough form.
- Shape dough into a circle about 1/2 to 1/4 inches thick, divide dough into 8 equal wedges.
- Place segments onto prepared baking sheet. Brush segments with egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until edges are crispy and top is slightly golden.
With all my love <3