This is the original Kellogg Rice Krispies recipe, but with a valentine twist. They call for 2 alternate methods, either by melting marshmallows over stove or in the microwave. But I don't recommend using the microwave because it can easily overcook marshmallow and difficult to control the heating temperature. If you are interested, try both! Happy Valentine's Day <3
3 tbsps unsalted butter
1 package (about 40) regular marshmallows
6 cups rice krispies cereal
100g white chocolate
red/pink food colouring gel
pink sparkling sprinkles
1 heart-shape cookie cutter
How to make Valentine Heart Krispies treats:
- In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice krispies cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using a spatula, press mixture into well-greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Cool at room temperature. Using cookie cutter, cut into hearts.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate. Add a drop of food colouring gel and mix until well blended.
- Dip heart krispies into melted chocolate and sprinkle with pink sparkling.
- Place on wax paper and cool at room temperature.
With all my love <3