If you cannot find matcha chocolate, try to make your own, such as this. And don't forget to check my green tea panna cotta infused with jasmine tea as well as cute little matcha truffles.
Make 6 donuts
3/4 cup cake flour
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp matcha powder
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup full-fat milk
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup matcha chocolate
Sprinkles of your choice
How to make green tea donuts:
- Preheat oven to 220C. Spray donut pans with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mxing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and matcha powder. Alternatively, you can sift them through a fine sieve.
- Add beaten egg, milk, melted butter and honey. Mix until well combined.
- Divide batter equally among 6 donut holes. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool a few minutes in donut pan and invert them onto wire rack to finish cooling.
- To decorate, melt chocolate in a double boiler or in microwave, dip donuts into melted chocolate and top with your favourite sprinkles.
With all my love <3