Pigs in blankets. Haha! Such a funny intepretation. To be frank, these mini hotdogs are absolutely a perfect gameday snacks. You can make them ahead and freeze them up before baking and ready to serve. Those sprinkles of poppy seed can be replaced with black or white or both sesame seeds. Oh! Don't forget to serve them piping hot alongside with some mustard and ketchup! Cheese dip will also be a great alternative.
Makes 12 mini hotdogs
1 sheet ready-roll puff pastry
6 jumbo turkey sausage / chicken sausage
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp water)
How to make pigs in a blanket / mini hotdogs:
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut each sausage in half crosswise. Set aside.
- Defrost puff pastry according to package direction. Roll pastry out on floured surface. Cut large rectangle into half lengthwise, and then cut both small rectangles into 6 equal rectangles.
- Spread small amount of mustard on each pastry and place mini sausage on mustard. Brush the end with egg wash and roll up sealing the end. Put sausage rolls into refrigerator for 15 minutes to chill.
- Remove from refrigerator and brush pastry with egg wash. Sprinkle with poppy seed and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until puff pastry is golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and serve warm or at room temperature.
With all my love <3