This mini version matcha chiffon cake is so cute!
Need a cup of green tea latte?
High quality matcha powder is indeed crucial for such fragrant, greenish chiffon cake. I slightly changed my old green tea chiffon cake recipe and made them in mini 4 inches version.
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Linda at The Orange Bee.
Make 6 4 inch cakes
6 egg yolks
6 tbsp oil
8 tbsp milk
150g cake flour
2 tbsp matcha powder
2 tsp baking powder
6 egg whites
How to make green tea chiffon cake:
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks and 1/3 of sugar. Add oil and water, mix well.
- Sift cake flour, matcha powder and baking powder and add to egg yolk mixture. Whisk until incorporated without lumps.
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat egg whites till opaque and foamy. Add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peak forms.
- In 3 batches, fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture. Make sure mixture is mixed well in 3 increments.
- Divide mixture equally into 6 ungreased mini chiffon cake pan. Tab the pans on the countertop to release air bubbles.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Cool the cake upside down on a tall heavy bottle. Leave to cool completely before removing the cake pan.
- Using an offset spatula or sharp knife, run it around the cake. Invert and flip onto serving plate.
With all my love <3