, , ,

♥ Matcha Madeleine ♥



Just in case you forgot what I have previously made, original lemon madeleines in these mold, this time I baked these mini French cakes in form of their traditional sea shells instead.


SOOOO sooo sooo upset about the weak indentations, but I told myself it's alright because the powdered sugar will cover the flaws anyway.


This recipe is adapted from justonecookbook. I love all her matcha green tea recipes so as this one. With the substitution of Natvia and a bit of vanilla, these madeleines turn out not too bad.
Next time I will try to make bigger ones with my beautiful sea shell for better appearance.
This post is part of the weekly linky party I'm Lovin' It hosted by Cheryl at TidyMom.

Make 24 madeleines
You'll need:
133g (2/3 cup) Natvia
120g (1 cup) all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp Matcha powder
2 eggs
1 tbsp whole milk
1 tsp vanilla
113g (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp powdered sugar, optional

How to make matcha green tea madeleine:
  1. In a large bowl, combine Natvia, sifted flour, salt, baking powder and matcha powder. Whisk well.
  2. In another bowl, add eggs and milk. Whisk until frothy. Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine, using a spatula.
  3. Gradually add in melted butter, half at a time, until blended and smooth.
  4. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and refrigerate to rest for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
  5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 190C.
  6. Grease and flour madeleine pans with 1 tablespoon melted butter and flour respectively.
  7. Remove the better from the fridge and fill each mold with 1 tablespoon batter. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges turn lightly brown and set.
  8. Wait for 3 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool. To serve, dust it with powdered sugar.
With all my love <3

Share:

1 comment:

  1. Andre, You've have a nice blog and nice pictures! Will add you on my foodie link.

    ReplyDelete