What's better than peanut butter and jelly? I was thinking about another PB&J combination after my peanut butter and jelly cornmeal biscotti. So here you go! In a cake form!
Thanks Natvia! I love how it makes this cake lower calorie but still sweet to my liking.
See that lovely beautiful strawberry lying on top of a cloud of smooth and fluffy peanut butter?
I can totally feel the love from here :)
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Cynthia at Eat Munch Love.
130g (1 cup) all purpose flour
110g (3/4 cup) cornmeal
200g (1 cup) Natvia
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
120ml (1/2 cup) whole milk
4 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
60g peanut butter
60g strawberry jam
How to make honey glazed and peach cornmeal cake:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease two 6" springform cake tin and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cornmeal, Natvia, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, beaten eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Pour the wet into the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold gently until fully incorporated.
- Pour and divide the batter evenly between cake tins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before filling.
- Cut and slice each cake into three layers. Spread enough peanut butter, then strawberry jam, sandwich the layers to assemble. Top with a dollop of peanut butter and decorate with strawberry if desire.
With all my love <3