I have been tempted to bake some matcha chocolate chips cookies. But ended up with these cut-out shortbread, drizzle with high quality swiss white chocolate from Lindt.
These shortbreads are so buttery and thereby crumbly. They are nowhere pretty cookies, at least they are delicious and made with good matcha powder.
In the recipe, I added a hint of Archibald's honey from Honey 蜜蜜針 to enhance the sweetness in addition to the natural sweetener Natvia. It makes a big difference in taste!
130g (1 cup) all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp Matcha powder
6 tbsp unsalted butter
50g (1/4 cup) Natvia
1/2 tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
40g white chocolate chips
How to make matcha green tea cornmeal shortbread cookies:
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and matcha powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth and fluffy. Add Natvia, honey, vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients. Mix until a dough form. Roll the dough between two parchment papers to flatten. Chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 150C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the flatten dough from the fridge, cut into desired cookie shape and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, or until edges slightly brown and set. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- Melt white chocolate chips over a double boiler. Dip in the cookies, or pipe over them.
With all my love <3