Matcha Green Tea Brownies? They should be blonde brownies. No! Should be "Greenies".
These greenies bars are white chocolate brownies with added matcha green tea. Tossed in some leftover pistachio nuts, some more white chocolate chips. Oh! And how about some mini marshmallows?
Have you noticed those hollows? Poop! They are disappearing marshmallows.
In general, marshmallows are made with sugar, gelatin and air. So as they bake, the sugar melts and air bubbles escape. This happens to give disappearing marshmallows. And just so this is how I name them.
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Francesca at Fearless Kitchen.
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup matcha powder
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup pistachio nuts, shell removed
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
How to make matcha green tea blondies:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 8 x 8 square pan and set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt butter and 1 cup white chocolate chips until smooth. This can be done in microwave oven in 30 second increments or a bain marie. Let cool slightly.
- Add eggs, vanilla and sift in matcha powder. Stir to combine. Add flour, mix well.
- Using a spatula, fold in pistachios and remaining chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared baking tray. Spread marshmallows in a layer and top with remaining batter. Smooth the top evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or lightly brown on the edges and toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing.
With all my love <3