Are you sick of chocolate peanut butter cups? Let's make something different. Totally different!
Thanks Jamieanne from the Sweetest Kitchen for the inspiration!
This is a chocolate cup filled with my homemade pistachio butter, with added organic sweetener and a pinch of matcha green tea which we all love! And guess what? You got Matcha Pistachio Butter!
These mini matcha chocolate pistachio cups are going to be a great gift in Valentine's Day.
Let's Go Green!
Credit to Natvia for keeping down our calorie intake.
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Francesca at Fearless Kitchen.Adapted from Sweetest Kitchen
Make 10-12 mini cups
96g Homemade Pistachio Butter
1-2 tsp matcha powder
25g (1/8 cup) Natvia
For chocolate shell
140g (3/4 cup) good quality white chocolate
1/2 tsp matcha powder
How to make matcha green tea chocolate pistachio cups:
- Line a mini cupcake tray with mini cupcake wrappers. Set aside.
- For the filling, add matcha powder, Natvia to pistachio butter and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 12 balls, about 1 teaspoon each. Set them aside.
- For the chocolate shell, melt chocolate in a bain marie, or in a heatproof bowl over simmering water. When it is melted and smooth, remove from heat and sift in matcha powder. Stir to combine. Adjust with more matcha to reach your desired color.
- Place 1 teaspoon of matcha chocolate into each mini cupcake liner. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Place pistachio filling into each chocolate cup and flatten slightly. Pour 1 teaspoon or more matcha chocolate on top to enclose the filling. Smooth the top with a spoon. Refrigerate mini cups until set.
With all my love <3