Cupnies? I am talking about cupcake + brownies.
These mini brownie cupcakes with a super creamy buttercream frosting, which is ALMOST sugar free!
Thanks Natvia HK for the Natural Sweetener Baking Pack and also the Icing Mix. These substitutes turn these usual cupcakes into more unusual ones! Healthier! Less calories! And OH! The low sugar frosting!
The greenie matcha buttercream frosting is supposed to be SUGAR-FREE with the use of Natvia Icing Mix. But instead of milk, honey is added to smoothen the texture, which still add up a little sugar content. Unless you want it all sugar-free, try using honey! It matches wonderfully with matcha, as always!Credit to Natvia!
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Francesca at Fearless Kitchen.Adapted from My Name Is Yeh
125g (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
150g (3/4 cup) Natvia
1 tsp vanilla
70g (1/2 cup) all purpose flour
43g (1/3 cup) hot cocoa mix
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
For matcha buttercream
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
115g (1 cup) Natvia Icing Mix
1 tbsp matcha powder, sifted
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
How to make hot choco brownie cupcakes with matcha buttercream frosting:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter, Natvia, eggs and vanilla. Mix to combine well.
- Add flour, hot cocoa mix, baking powder and salt. Stir and fold until incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly among cupcake liners. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.
- To make matcha buttercream, combine all frosting ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fill a piping bag with tip attached, pipe buttercream on top of each brownie cupcake and serve.
With all my love <3