, ,

♥ Homemade Pistachio Butter ♥



Homemade nut butter is so healthy as compare to the commercial ones. Few years ago, I am obsessed with making all my nuts butter: hazelnut butter for my granola, and peanut butter for my pb fudges. 


Sometimes the amount of oil added depends on the oil content of your nuts. Mine does come out with enough natural oil to keep its consistency desirable. If necessary, I would recommend using flavorless oil such as rice bran and grape seed, but absolutely not olive or peanut oil!

This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Francesca at Fearless Kitchen.
You'll need:
For filling
120g (1 cup) pistachio nuts, shell removed
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp flavorless oil

How to make homemade pistachio nut butter:
  1. Place pistachio nuts in a skillet over medium heat. Dry roasting them until fragrant.
  2. Add roasted pistachios and salt in a food processor for 15 minutes or until clump into a ball. Slowly add vegetable oil to thin out the nut butter, until it reaches the consistency of store bought peanut butter. 
  3. Serve with apple slices, biscuit crackers or oatmeal. Or make my matcha chocolate pistachio cups!
With all my love <3

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment