Adapted from Easy Cupcakes (Love Food)
Makes 4-6 cupcakes
Chocolate Banana Cupcake
2 oz vegetable shortening/unsalted butter, soften
2 oz caster sugar
1 large egg yolk
3 oz self-raising flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
2 tablespoons warm water
1/2 riped banana, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon banana flavouring
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup mixed nuts and fruits (I used cashew, almond, hazelnut, saltana,raisin)
How to make the cheese mixture:
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, egg by hand and fold in chocolate chips until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C. Put 8 paper cupcake cases in muffin tray.
- Put the vegetable shortening, sugar, egg, flour, cocoa powder, warm water, mashed banana, vanilla and banana flavouring in a large bowl and using an electric hand whisk, beat together until smooth.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the paper cases, using a teaspoon or icecream scoop.
- Using a teaspoon, drop 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture into the center of each cupcake, then spoon the remaining cake mixture on top.
- Bake the cupcakes in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until well risen and springy to the touch.
- Leave the cupcakes to cool before frosting them.
How to make the rocky-fruit topping:
- Melt the chocolate chips in microwave oven for 30 minutes, stir well.
- Toss in the mixed nuts and fruits, let cool.
- Drop 1 big spoon of toppings on each cupcake.
- Let cool in room temperature until set.