6 slices bread (I used half whole-wheat and half plain white)
50ml full-fat yoghurt
50g shredded cheddar cheese
3 large eggs
1/2 an onion, diced
butter, for frying and buttering
9oz baby spinach
How to make the quiche:
- Preheat your oven to 175 C.
- Usig the cutter or glass, cut out 6 large circular shapes from the slices of bread then butter liberally and set aside.
- Take the remaining crust of bread and place them into freezer bag then into freezer. You can use them later on in the week for breadcrumbs.
- Heat butter in a frying pan, cook your spinach and onion.
- Put spinach on chopping board and roughly chop.
- Shave cheese into thin pieces using grater.
- Crack 3 eggs into the jug and pour in yoghurt. Using a fork, whisk egg and yoghurt together until combined.
- Take your muffin tray and place the circles of buttered bread, butter side facing downwards into the muffin cups. Press down lightly so that they touch the bottom and edges.
- Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup up to 3/4 full.
- Add the vegetables and sprinkle the shavings of cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. If you prefer a little looser, adjust cooking time down.
- Remove from oven and set to one side to cool for 15 minutes before gently lifting from the tin and place onto the cooling rack to cool completely.
- These mini quiches will keep in the fridge for 1 day.